Innis Family Tree
Tabitha Alice Innis was born 15 Apr 1874 in Clinton County, Kentucky and died 13 April 1947 in Sherman, Grayson Co., Texas.1 She was married to Daniel Webster Parrigin in about 1892 – yes he was the brother of William G. Parrigin. So Minerva and Tabitha married the Parrigin brothers and Louisa and Mary married the Shelley brothers.
The family as I have been able to put it together:
Daniel W. Parrigin (1870-1931),2
Tabitha Alice Innis Parrigin (1874-1947),
Clifford Parrigin (1893-1895),
Vertol Parrigin (1896-1971),3
Leon E. Parrigin (1898-1913),
Dorothy Parrigin (1919-).
On the 1900 Census Tabitha lists 3 children born with 2 children living.4 I found Clifford when I searched the Oak Hill Cemetery listed on Daniel’s death certificate. There I found Daniel, Alice, Clifford, Leon, Vertol and Vertol’s wife Lela.5 I’d be willing to bet that daughter Dorothy is in the cemetery somewhere, but I haven’t located a marriage record for her. I also found no death record for Clifford or Leon.
1. Texas, death certificate no. 16530 (13 Apr 1947), Tabitha Alice [Ennis] Parrigin; digital image, FamilySearch, “Texas Deaths, 1890-1976,” FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org : accessed 27 Dec 2009).
2. Texas, death certificate no. 18523 (16 Apr 1931), Vertol. Parrigin; digital image, FamilySearch, “Texas Deaths, 1890-1976,” FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org : accessed 20 Jan 2010).
3. Texas, death certificate no. 83675 (26 Nov 1971), Dan W. Parrigin; digital image, FamilySearch, “Texas Deaths, 1890-1976,” FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org : accessed 20 Jan 2010).
4. 1900 U.S. census, Fannin County, Texas population schedule, Justice Precinct 3, enumeration district (ED) 70, p. 3A, dwelling 43, family 43, Alice T. Parrigan; digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 20 Jan 2010); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm T623, roll 1633.
5. Fannin County TxGenWeb Project, “Oak Hill Cemetery,” database (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txfannin/ceme-oakhill.html : accessed 20 Jan 2010), Parrigin Family Plot.